Sunday, November 15, 2009

This blog is created to share ideas and projects with you, my stamping friends. I don't know how often I'll be able to add new posts but hope it is often enough for you to check back to see what's going on in my stamping studio. Actually, I was inspired to begin blogging by the challenge cards made by my sisters in our monthly stamp club. Our challenge was to create a Christmas card using non-traditional colors. My sister Sarah chose Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay as the colors and used the ornament punch and Delightful Decorations stamp set from the current Stampin' Up! Holiday mini catalog to create this card:

I was truly challenged to come up with a card using non-traditional colors. I finally decided to use two retired colors from the first set of In Colors from Stampin' Up! - Vintage Violet and Cool Caribbean. The penguin is from the Punch Pals stamp set, the sentiment is from Short and Sweet, and the snowflakes (hope you can see them...they are embossed with Iridescent Ice behind the penguin) are from Serene Snowflakes.

Everyone's favorite card was the one created by my sister Lauren. She chose pink and brown and used the Forest Friends and Hit the Road stamp sets.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like more details on the cards shown. I have more holiday cards to share and will try to post them soon.

No comments: